Heat Map

Sunday, August 10, 2008

My Honey...

I know a lot of you have been curious about my life outside of work, so here is an update. I spent the weekend with my mistress, as lately with my busy work schedule I have clearly been neglecting her (something she likes to remind me on a daily basis). Saturday we went and got her some new shoes, a task that I thought should have taken only a couple of hours, but I guess the ol' lady was a little pickier than I would have been. Must not be one of those things us men understand very well; Here is what she looks like sporting her new treads.


Oh you want to see pictures of the whole new shoe process, alright you asked for them so I will oblige. A buddy of mine had a lift that I could have borrowed, but I had neglect to get it picked up and I wanted to get the job done so a little bit of thought and presto.
One thing that I did learn this weekend was cheap tire tubes are really not worth the price and make a nice 'burp' sound when pinched by the tire spoons. Thankfully I had a parts runner, thanks Mom, and found tubes locally for the ol' Girl. Yeah I know people do this every day and would be much more efficient with the process, but why keep something around this old if I am not willing to do all the work yourself?


No sooner do I get the tires all back on, the chain cleaned and lubed, the bike washed and look what my other Mother decided to throw my way. Yeah, pretty much took care of my evening. Nothing quite like retiring the evening with the guys from the fire station after 'shoe shoppin' with the Misses.
Today was a completely different story, great day to be out riding and even got a little wax on her. Until our next outing or day in the spa (yes she still has some serious body and frame work that needs to be done)...

3 comments:

Carin said...

Glad to see she got new shoes. And a day at the spa coming up? Good for her. We had 3 that needed work, Russ finally made it home to do that. Now they are all happy and running well.

Carl said...

That is the best part about motorcycles, there is ALWAYS: work that can be done, work that needs done and/or something you want to get done. I just need to get me a shop now so I can finish all the stuff that will take serious disassembly and time. :)

Auntie M said...

Glad to see you got her new shoes... on the demands on a man!!