Heat Map

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Awhhh!!!

Yeah, I know you all have been waiting for some more of these, and no they are not pictures of me with the Misses...
Another late night and I was amazed at all that I could see in the non-dark sky behind my house. Jupiter was out real early and joined shortly there after by Cassiopeia. I was able to get a snap shot of Jupiter and three of its moon, but the camera/telescope mount was not real steady and I don't have any tracking equipment on the scope. Yes, donations will be excepted for telescope upgrades that will enable much better pictures of distant objects; send them to Thrasher's Observatory Fund...

No new pictures of any constellations, but I am actively trying to capture a couple more to share, but did get a few of the full moon rising. The answer to the previous constellation question is Pegasus, look for the giant square of Pegasus and the rest of the constellation just materializes... Well, maybe only if you are on the right medications.
Here is a picture of the full moon, for those who have been waiting patiently to see the moon in all it's glory. And yes it appears to be blue, but it is not really a blue moon; just a little blue from the filter used.I was even able to zoom in a little more on th surface of the moon...makes me wonder what it was like to fly past in a Lunar orbit during the Apollo missions...

4 comments:

Auntie M said...

Awesome pictures - I have been waiting for your post!!

The J's said...

Really cool pictures. There was an awesome moon last night & I grabbed my camera, but then it hid under the clouds & didn't come back out

Carin said...

AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING! I have tried taking pictures of the moon, they are nice but nothing like what you are capturing with your setup. You should take a picture of your setup. I have a hard time picturing what it looks like. I don't understand how you incorporate the camera with the telescope. None the less... Love those close ups!

Anonymous said...

Ni-ice moon shots. Wow! I shoulda spent the extra bucks. Next time...