Heat Map

Monday, January 21, 2008

Brrrrr!!!


Woke up this morning and Mr Thermometer claimed it was -15°F. I was like, no way can that be true and these covers are cozy. Sure enough, the morning radio personality said "-40°F". So even if I averaged them, I knew Hell had frozen over and the Giants must have made it to the Superbowl. The debate started on how soon I needed to go outside and start the car. Oh wait, my car has this remote thingy. Lets see here, no writing on any buttons but one of them must start my car, right? Nope, all I managed to do was set off the car alarm, unlock and lock all the doors and pop the trunk. The dash to the car required more than a bathrobe and slippers this morning; like such accessories as gloves and a hat.

The truth of the morning, -20°F DB, -27°F WB, -40°F Windchill.

Good thing this town does not have a No Plume Ordinance. All the houses had plumes! Businesses had plumes. The refinery had a big plume. The Malt Plant had a gianormous plume. Plumes, plumes everywhere...

Now we can say we have had winter here. Nothing quite like snow and cold to make a person think of such places as Tahiti.

Cold enough for ya?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had 24 below at 7 a.m. and 30 below at 8 a.m. - now how is that!! Even Maggie got to come in last night!!

It is now after 11 a.m. and it is -12.. my how it has warmed up!! :)

Keep warm

Love Auntie

Wrena said...

Ya that is cold. But you can keep it we have the snow and I am content with that! Big snowy hug!

Wrena said...

LOL Would have to loved to been there through the whole remote education ordeal!

Anonymous said...

Yeah it's stankin' frigid in this villiage!!! Lemme out!