Heat Map

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Cell Phone Etiquette?

Have you ever had some one just right up in your personal space? You know, violating your no fly cell phone zone? That bubble surrounding our inner core that NO ONE should EVER violate and especially not with a cell phone? Cell phones just get all up in your space and it makes me feel harassed and violated. A cell phone should not be able to alter my essence, they are a communication tool not a GPS equipped electronic monitoring and tracking device.

I am not sure, but maybe my perception of the no talk cell zone is slightly skewed; but I find it highly annoying when I am leaving a voice mail message and the person calls me right back. Maybe it is just the BIG RED V that has a problem with this, would be glad to hear comments from people on other networks, but it really tosses the cell routing centers for a loop. If I click over to the call waiting, the message keeps going but if I hang up the call gets dropped. Maybe I am wrong to expect the courtesy two minute wait to call me back when you just missed my call to see if I am leaving you a message; or is there a two minute courtesy wait? I really don't know. Time and time again I TRY so hard to not call someone when they are leaving me a message because it tends to really confuse the computers routing the calls; oh wait, maybe it just confuses the user. Hum, might be the 10% Rule coming in to play again.

Another one of my cell phone pet peeves is the quick text algorithm. Yes I know the solution is to spend $200 and get a phone with a qwerty keypad, but for the love of money I am too thrifty for that costly upgrade. I am a big text messenger, phone calls are good too, but a text message can usually suffice and get the job done. And the best part is someone else doesn't have to listen to my conversation; txt messages are the whispers in cell phone technology. Have you whispered sweet nothings in someone's ear today? (Word of caution: Nothing is more embarrassing than whispering sweet nothin's into the wrong ear!) For those who maybe don't txt message much, here are a few words you might like to try to spell on your phone with 'Q2': Bride, going, movies, um, logo, blog, scooter, etc. The list goes on and on, but what I find remarkable 'eh' is east to type but hum takes a while; think I must have a gaul-dang Canadian phone.

Sigh, well I hear my cell phone vibrating, must be ANOTHER invasion of my no fly zone, scramble the air wave jammers!

1 comment:

Carin said...

Well I know Verizon will tell me I have 6 messages waiting. WHAT???? But none the less, I will always be with them. To be able to talk to our entire family for free is worth it.

And yes, I will call someone right back if I miss the call. Sorry, Carl...