Heat Map

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Shooting Sticks

Due to the length of the DIY shooting sticks post I have moved it to here, Varminter Freds. So I have probably really bitten off way more than I can chew by keeping multiple blogs for different slivers of me, but it should keep my life interesting. Plus that way, I can post varmint stories and pictures by themselves for those who don't enjoy such carnage. :)

So for those who are of the hunting, shooting or varminting persuasion, check out VFs for all that stuff...

2 comments:

Wrena said...

WOW - So creative! How much did this run you? We have little target shooters that these would work for. AAHHHhhhhaaaaaaa !!!!!

Carl said...

Hum, lets see...$8.00 for the hardware, $6.00 for the lumber, elbow grease is free so that would be about $14. Maybe add another ten dollars if you had to buy glue, lok-tite and cushioning material for the rest. I typically use the cheaper store brand spray paints which run around $2/color.

They are pretty cheap to build I have several that have different camouflage colors, depending on the foliage. Plus a great project for the young shooters to build their own shooting sticks!


Here is what Varmint Al has to say about stick length and height.


Customize the Bi-Fur-Pod
for you height.

Shooter's
Height Over All Stick
Length (in)
4'-9" 30.75
5'-0" 32.00
5'-3" 33.25
5'-6" 34.75
5'-9" 36.00
6'-0" 37.25
6'-3" 38.75
6'-6" 40.00