Heat Map

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Stupid People

We all have them, those little pet peeves that just IRRITATE us to the point where we just want to physically hurt someone. For me one of these peeves are call center employees who treat you like you are a complete idiot who barely knows how to unpack an electronic device let alone operate one. I am sure there are plenty of people who call in with a problem and the only thing wrong is they don't have power to the computer, but really if the person you are talking to knows the lingo and the steps on the trouble shooting flow chart you are reading to them, don't you think they might know something? Who do they really think developed the step by step trouble shooting guide? It might just have been an IT Field Technician who has experienced problems before and know what to check and to tweak to make things work.

Recently I had a brand new USB Flash Drive fail, which shocked me because I have NEVER failed one in my life. Yeah, I have recovered data off of smashed devices, I have dried devices out, I have even used a device for years that has no exterior skin. I know I am not a full time IT Guru who spends hours fixing problems after problems on computers, but I do know a thing or two about computers and non-functioning hot-swap devices. I found it truly amazing when the person on the other end of the phone told me to verify with my network administrator that I had the rights to use USB drives. Now maybe it was highly rude of me to say, "Hang on let me ask...Hey, Carl did you give yourself the rights to access USB drives? Are you sure? Cause this lady thinks that might be why my, or your, USB Flash Drive quit working. Ok, I will tell her that Fred said Carl is too stupid and irresponsible to have any rights..."

All in all, I do like the products the company makes and will probably continue to use them, but their Technical Support is like standing at the customer service counter at OfficeMAX. And yes, the manager there hates me for my response to the question, "Well did you try it in another computer?"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are just smarter and cuter than the office max manager!!! LOL AuntieN By the way, do yoy have permission to use that dog collar ans advertising??? Now I am really LOL!!!

<3 Sierra said...

Wow....since I am a living testimonial that you DEFINATELY DO know how to use USB drives...LOL, long story...Anyways, I take offense for you! Do they have permission to talk on the phone? Or even breathe?

Anonymous said...

My goodness gracious you are testy!! the situation was tailor made to prove your patience under fire!! cbin u

Auntie M said...

My, my but that dittsy lady got your dander up!! She just proved that she is not good at her job!! She is the kind of mightmare we all dread when we have to deal with defective product!! Hope you got a new drive????