Heat Map

Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Rest of the Story...

Yes I know I have been shirking my duties as a blogger, but I have good reason; I have been preoccupied in other areas of my life that have not had much excitement in quite awhile.

Now as P H would say, "Now for the rest of the story." No Cherice I didn't get married, but my best friend from college did. She married a really quiet man, and I think I might have gotten three complete sentences out of him the entire weekend. I did manage to extract a lot of shoulder shrugs and facial expressions, but very little verbal communication.
For most of the weekend I was the Bride's Servant, which of course explains the picture of my pink 'neck tie'. Oh wait, nah actually that doesn't explain the story. She has a great sense of humor and on one of my many errands I thought, you know what would be funny, I should wear a dog collar and leash the day of the wedding. Two errands later I was right next door to a Petco and I walked out a proud new owner of a pink collar and leash.
I wish I had a video camera of her face going from frustrated to a glowing smile when she saw the dog collar. That alone was worth it, being the Bride's Servant and Jester for the day wasn't all that bad. Yeah, I was tired but I had fun taking care of things so she could focus on her day and not be stressed out about the little things.
All in all the trip was a great success and it was fun to visit with Family and Friends; I just wish I had more time to visit with friends along the way, rather than buzz by under their radar.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW U look Sharp

Auntie M said...

Nice pictures - and thanks for the rest of the story! :) I love the pink "tie"!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun weekend. Thanks for the update on Great Falls traffic. Gotta love Larry. Amazing all the little things you miss when you move away. Have you had the opportunity for any brownie sundaes lately?

Anonymous said...

Your blog is very entertaining, you keep it interesting! I will have to check this out more often, when I am not so busy...

Anonymous said...

Awww!! Your such a wonderful friend to have. I'm sure that you made her day with your quirky and wonderful sense of humor. Its great to have friends that can make you smile. Sure wish I had a few. Your really look good in "pink"!!! I'm glad that you had fun being errand boy or "Bridesmaid" :):)