Heat Map

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Short Fuses

I was just reading the comments on my last rant and realized that some of them are very true; that experience was a perfect time to show composure under fire. I guess I let my own abilities get me all whriled up, just because I check the custom install opitions when I install software, just because I have learned so well how to recovered data from compromised drives, all because I know exactly how many years I have been doing what I do and never once thought that a perfect stranger has no ability to look at my resume of experience.

The flip side of the story is that I did get the drive replaced (but the new one has its own problems) and feel whole again with my usb mass storage device back in operation. Did I learn a lesson, maybe but I am sure I will probably make the same mistake but at least in the future I will have a 'template' on how I should react instead of just venturing on into uncharted territory.

1 comment:

Auntie M said...

Well - an experience is not lost when a lesson is learned! :) But it is irritating to be asked if you can crawl when you have been walking for decades!!