Heat Map

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Father's Day

What a weekend! I had hoped to get this all blogged on the weekend but it is rapidly approaching mid-week, so here is a quick post on my lunch hour.



My sister and two of her kids are here from the east and it has been great to visit with them and see how much the kids have grown. I am definitely a proud Uncle of a couple of stinkers! Can't imagine what characters and pills my own offspring would be. I am not a big people picture taker so not very many pictures of everyone, but there are a few in the slide show. On Father's day I smoked ribs and roasted corn on the cob for the family, and I must say "I am a good cook!" Dessert was an early birthday cake for Mom, since she will be at convention on the real day. I didn't do so well on the cake as I did on the ribs, but I can say I have baked better so maybe it was just a fluke!

4 comments:

Carin said...

Looks like a great weekend. Oh, those ribs look sooo goooood. Way to be a cook!

Wrena said...

DELISH ~ GRUMBLE, GRUBLE, FROM MY MIDDLE!! WAY TO GO EVEN ON THE CAKE! DID YOU MAKE THE FROSTING TOO? THAT IS ONE OF MY FAVORITES TOO!

Carl said...

I did make the frosting, so much better when it is homemade. Some things are just worth the extra ten minutes!

Cheri said...

I knew I shouldn't have read your blog before breakfast! I'm starving and now the normal breakfast fair doesn't sound adequate. Give me meat and vegetables!