Heat Map

Friday, March 7, 2008

Why I Hate My Job

Probably the worst thing about my job is that I never get to do any large projects. The projects are always so small in scale and never really that impressive to look at once they are complete. I have to ask myself was four, no wait seven...no...ten years of college education really worth this finished project?




Oh and for those who don't know me, check the post label...Yeap, that is right SARCASM. For those who are not intimate with mechanical equipment the big black pipes are 11" in diameter ( 34+ inches around in case you want to compare to waist sizes *wink*) Insulating the pipes gives them another four inches so 15" in diameter ( 47" circumference).

And that my friends was why I didn't get any posts in this week. I was busy admiring the quality workmanship on one of the first jobs I worked on as it nears final completion. Difficult to imagine what it was going to be like when I was drawing up the plans, but now I am impressed with the finished product. For those who are interested. The pictures are of the cooling plant which is comprised of two chillers (400 ton and 750 ton). The total plant capacity would be that of melting an 1150 ton iceberg in an hour. For those in big cities in the balmy south, probably nothing compared to the systems you guys see on the buildings, but for Montana I was impressed.

1 comment:

Auntie M said...

Wow that is quite a project!! It would be fun for you to get to see it done!!