Heat Map

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Th World without a vowl...

Have you ever had a key on your computer that didn't always work? That random key that if you didn't give it an authoritative tap, it wouldn't register the key press? For the past couple of weeks I have been fighting that issue. I have tried using compressed air to evict all the crumbs and gremlins that live in the keyboard, hoping that maybe I just happened to get something under the key that keeps it from being pressed. OF course the fix can't quite be that easy.

But it just isn't one key, yesterday it was the 'r' key. Which of course is a popular key. The week before it was the 't' key; another popular key. And now as I type this, it is the 'e' key. *pound Pound POUND* Grrrrrr...annoying I say.

Of course, it makes me feel like I am being abusive to my keyboard when I am pounding on a key to get it to register. And if I am not pounding on the key, I am holding the keyboard over my head shaking it while holding it upside down. NOTHING COMES OUT!!!

Now as I struggle with the simple issue of a keyboard I ponder why would I want Microsoft in my car? I have been doing a little car shopping and the newest thing is to have your car interfaced with your cell phone, MP3 collection, yadda yadda yadda. Of course I would love to have my entire music collection at the touch of a button, but a Microsoft product? Is it better than Windoze? Would I be required to randomly pull over and disconnect my battery cables to keep my 'entertainment' system in my car working? Would I be talking on my bluetooth equipped phone and all of the sudden have the stereo system start blasting Queen? Or maybe talking on the phone to my niece and have Larry the Cable Guy start ranting in his 'blue collared' based comedy.

It is all just one of those things, if I can't get a keyboard that will type the keys I press, do I really want to have a highly integrated automobile? Am I just paranoid, or is this a valid concern? What ever am I going to do?

2 comments:

Wrena said...

STICK HORSE? LOL! GREAT POST!

The J's said...

Valid concern...go with the horse & buggy and your own singing voice...lol!!!