Heat Map

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Doing more for WHO?

I have been trying to capture a picture of 'my network' since I know it is not as supportive as the big red V likes to pretend it is. Since they claim to have the fewest dropped calls on the network it will do me no good to switch, and I am sure their research is not skewed to attract customers. Why would a company want to do that?

While trying to carry on a conversation the other day I got completely worn out asking, "What did you say you are breaking up" and "I apologize, I didn't hear what you said could you repeat that?" Now add to that the frustration that I had to redial the phone number a couple of times to continue this 'high quality' conversation. Now I understand having this type of call clarity when I am traveling through rural Montana or when in the hills of paradise, but sitting in my front room? You really have to be kidding me...

Oh wait, you ask about the person on the other end, yeah they were sitting at their house as well. So if this is a taste of the network that tests itself everyday to bring me the best service and the network with the fewest dropped calls, what are the other networks like? Can they possibly be worse?

And since I am going on about cell phone networks and their interesting judge of good service, when are they going to fix the problem with the voicemail system. Oh wait, I said that like there was only problem with the voice mail system. My favorite problem is the one where you call someone and they miss your call so you go to voicemail and while you are trying to leave them a message they call you back. Which you of course try to switch over to take the call so you can actually talk to the person and you end up leaving a blank message because they put the call on hold instead of disconnecting you. But if you try to hang up on the voicemail system to let the call ring through somehow you manage to disconnect both calls. Don't worry, because the system is SOOOOO smart it will reconnect the call to the other party using a ringback. Irritating, can't they just connect the two calls and be done with it? Or how about my second favorite, call gets dropped so you both simultaneously dial each other and of course go directly to voicemail because the system doesn't know how to deal with two numbers calling each other at the same time. But while you are trying to leave a voicemail for the other party and they are leaving you a voicemail or worse yet hanging up and trying to call you again leading to the first problem. Grrrrr!!!!

1 comment:

<3 Sierra said...

I'm with you there! I can hardly talk to anyone for any length of time without getting disconnected. And it's while I am sitting still in my own house! Grrr...technology still has a ways to go!