Heat Map

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Weekly Rant

I know you all have been waiting impatiently for my next temper-tantrum so I will try to not disappoint. It was a tough week as there was not many completely obnoxious happenings that got me all in a pinch. There has to be something to rant and rave about and the simple truth that I have nothing to really get me going is not a good excuse. I know I could carry on for a long while about Ladies driving urban assault vehicles, I should probably save that for a different audience. According to Google, my blog audience is comprised of a majority of women, some of which I am sure use an Urban Assault vehicle as their main mode of transportation. But I am sure NONE of you would have committed any of the annoying things on my list of MANY annoyances.

Hum, this really isn't working out as well as I thought but at least my blood pressure has been down all week...

On a positive note, my plan roll has been working out quite well and I have received interesting comments and review of the contraption.

Okay, so maybe I really do have something to rant about, it would seem that while I was out of the office for the first part of the week there was a little bit of passing the buck action going on. Grrrrr, that really irks me. How difficult is it to accept responsibility for a mistake that you made? Does it really do any good to blame it on the guy who is out of the office and unable to respond to his e-mail? Why can't one just say, "I apologize for not getting the information to you and I will prioritize getting everything together and get it sent" I guess it is so much easier to say, "What? Didn't Carl forward that to you? I know he was working on it because I assisted him in getting the information together." When the truth of the matter was, they were supposed to include EVERY thing into one submittal and get it sent off a YEAR ago.

The lengths some people will go to shirk the blame that they are deserving of is unreal. Maybe I am just a push-over and over zealous to claim responsibility for my mistakes. Instead of getting irritated, this might be a lesson in how I should react in the future. Pass the buck, shirk the blame, smoke mirrors and misdirection...

But instead I get to craft a politically correct explanation why the information was never collected into a submittal and sent to the proper individual for processing. Of course by now the damage is done, but the black eye will eventually heal, right?

3 comments:

The J's said...

hmmm, and here I waited all week for the next rant!

Traci K said...

Yes, what disappointment...no major ranting? We drive a mini van...not the big SUV per se, but still a gas hog. We'll trade it off for a smaller less gas hogging vehicle a few years down the road.:)

Anonymous said...

Look out my diesel just might smoke you out! WINK I tell you right now I can't commit any crazier things that a male in a jacked up truck that hot rods 24/7. I even switch to running lights at a stop light for the little car infront of me, after dark. Wouldn't have it any other way!!!