Heat Map

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Another pondering

The rant of the week you wonder, is it going to be as pathetic as last weeks? Probably so, but I will give it my best.

I can't believe how much our 'capitalistic' society takes advantage of certain people. Lets start off with the single crowd. The dating websites have been flooding my inbox with propaganda at an alarming pace. I guess there is something completely wrong and unnatural about being single and I should be more concerned about it than I am. According to these unsolicited e-mails Valentines is just the day for me to spend my $100 and to no longer be single. I guess all it takes is a small fee and they will magically provide me with not only a date, but my soul mate. Is this too good to be true? Can my answering a short survey and a little money actually provide me with the woman of my dreams? Since I am way to close to the situation to truly make a decision about this I have included a couple of free polls at the end of the rant to get everyone's opinion on the matter.

And the terrible thing, is that there is not just one business that is trying to pawn off their clients on other people that they are hoping to become their clients. They have successfully turned meeting new people into a money making scam. Maybe the scam wouldn't be so bad if it was actually fool proof. But these people take whatever you say about yourself to be honest, open and truthful and compare them with those of other people to make the magical connection. Whoopie! After all, I have proven that I am perfectly capable of meeting people on my own and most of them have had their share of 'less than truthful' moments. I just can't imagine this other approaching being any better, but I could be wrong.

So tomorrow is the even day, the one day of the year that guys are expected to do nice, thoughtful, caring, blah, blah blah, things for their significant other; and I hope the last day of the 'Meet her by Valentine's Day" "Make Valentine's Day Special this year" e-mails. But since we are thriving in a capitalistic society I imagine that they won't go away and they will find someway to spin the disappointment of failed expectations into a new marketing routine. At least it will give me something to do when I open my inbox.

I had the privilege of going to redneck-mart last weekend, man how I love that place. I figured since it was the second weekend of the month there shouldn't be too many people crowding the aisles. Oh boy was that flawed. While the store wasn't exactly bursting at the corners there was a copious amount of people that got on my nerves. Of course the best ones are the love birds that insist on shuffling hand in hand down the aisle while they have thirty people queued up behind them just dieing to get around them. Grrrrrr, get a room! ;) Of course, that is not the worse thing, being stuck in the line and have the person behind you keep running over the back of your shoes. Nothing quite like the constant reminder that you are moving very slow like the constant prodding of a shopping cart. Now I sound like an incredibly impatient person who can't stand people, well might not really be truthful nor a stretch. I just don't like shopping; shopping means grabbing the needed items, hitting the checkout and getting out of dodge. Shopping doesn't have to be a competitive event does it?

So we have the capitalist who is trying to find me a soul mate, those that have found their soul mate trying to prove to me that slowing down with your true love brings you great happiness while simultaneously annoying other people; what else could there be? How about me? Yeah, I even annoy myself, maybe it is just people who annoy me...

Anyways, tomorrow is the day...Hope y'all have a Happy Valentine's Day and receive the pampering that you deserve. :) Oh and the things that are annoying you, might just be a hidden message. For me...Money can't replace or buy true love and when you find it, slow down and marinate in the marvel of it all; otherwise you might go speeding past.







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE SO HARD ON YOURSELF!! I TRIED TO VOTE AND IT WONT LET ME, THAT IS WHAT I SAY GRRR, TO! OF COURSE YOUR GOING TO FIND LOVE DEFINITELY!

Traci K said...

Hey Carl, I have a single cousin in WA. Time to take a trip. Unfortunately she doesn't have a blog.:( Good luck in your quest and here's hoping your in-box is out-going.

Wanda, Melania & Mishayla said...

Adopt kids - if it's for you! Guaranteed to make you forget all about being single. My Valentine message came from a Dove chocolate wrapper. It said, "Be your own Valentine." Good advice, I thought. We all need to take time to take care of ourselves once in a while. W.