Heat Map

Friday, October 10, 2008

Legs of Stars

Now I know some of you are a little P-Turbed over visiting my blog only to see posts political in nature; well get over yourselves it is October. No I am not a card carrying Republican that is just banging the drum blindly (In Fact my ballot, which is already inked, has a nice mix of both parties), but a voter who really tries to make an informed decision which is more than can be said for about 80% of the population.

With the election weeks away the politicians have turned to negative campaign adds, unless of course you are Obama and you just have a satellite TV channel that is spewing your lies and deception 24 hours a day (Have you ever wondered where the money came from to pay for that, and why he thinks he needs to buy that much attention of the population?); but they are not without help in their negativism. Have you seen this picture?Wow, Sarah nice legs but isn't this picture sexist? I can not quite tell how I should react to this picture, should I drool or should I be offended? Why did they chose to frame a guy between them? Why not a baby? Why not a lady? The picture is not without artistic talent, but come on now she is the Governess of Alaska! I am just amazed that she can stand in those shoes, you go girl!

Lets see, the next order of the agenda is....Star parties! Yeah, I know some of you have already stopped reading but that is your loss and not mine! On the 21st the Orionid will peak so bundle up warm, grab a star chart and a red flashlight, find a dark place and spend some quality time with someone that you love looking for chunks of burning space debris. Oh look, someone raised their hand in the peanut gallery; Good point, the Orionid shower is not favorable viewing this year do to moon phases...Blah, blah, blah.
Note: Spending the time with your eyes closed looking for burning love will result in seeing stars, but not the celestial variety; so come up for air and look skyward every now and again.

Legal Note: This post was not approved by any candidate and the photo posted here is copyrighted by somebody I am sure. The blog author is not responsible for the consequences of laying outside in the cold watching for shooting stars which might include but no way limited to: Frostbite, spider bites, lose of productivity, pregnancy, cold noses, cold hands migrated to warm places, inability to stay awake the next day, leaking sinuses, sickness and meeting new people.

Post-Script: Yes this does mean there is a high probability that I will be spending some nights outside capturing the celestial events while fighting off jack frost, but at least I won't be alone...

3 comments:

Carin said...

All I can say is I hope Obama gets figured out before it's too late. There are too many taken up with his ease of talking and not actually listening to the words that come out of his mouth.

As far a Sarah, love her and her shoes. I am a boots girl but I do like her shoes. I'd probably fall over though.

Auntie M said...

I have to admit I was taken aback with this picture - it is indeed a sexist picture meant to demean any value in what Sarah has done and what she is known to be. Have you EVER seen cush a picture of a dem in the (so called) 'unbias' media?? What America needs most at election time, is an unbiased honest media!!

Ethel said...

enjoy your posts! very insightful and entertaining. i'm with ya pal...i think it's VERY sexist. And furthermore...i'm a little tweaked at the agism remarks swirling about McCain. I mean..c'mon, the man's mother is 99 almost! He has more life left in him than alot of people. That irks me more than the sexism. I think it's time we address and ask for some wisdom from our elders instead of this incessant botox inhalation system we're currently courting. ( Did that just make any sense whatsoever?) Ya got me all riled up!